Me as Lia de Beaumont from Le Chevalier d’Eon!
Photo by Static-Sidhe/Sylvie (:
Lia de Beaumont from Le Chevalier d’Eon cosplay!
Worn to Christchurch Armageddon Sunday 2012.
Tash and I won best in show with these cosplays (:
I’ll upload more photos once my photoshoot ones come through, haha.
I think this photo was taken by Vanessa, but I can’t remember |D
So as my entire Twitter feed would know I’ve been sewing my Lia de Beaumont (Le Chevalier d’Eon) cosplay recently, which if all goes to plan I’ll be wearing to Christchurch Armageddon on July 1st! (Competition day).
I’m having quite a bit of fun sewing this, and using patterns (for once, hurr), so things are going better than expected! (I’ll screw up soon).
All the purple parts are made with taffeta and hell it frays like mad. I learnt this the hard way. I don’t have an overlocker, so I zigzag stitch all the seams and generally I do the two pieces together rather than separately, but I have to zigzag stitch all the pieces immediately after cutting/interfacing otherwise it pretty much disintegrates OTL
So first off! This is the headband thing she has. None of the layers are sewn together yet, haha.
And the neck bow, which was a right pain in the ass to make. The part that goes around the neck was made three times - the first time I forgot to add the ruffles, second time it frayed like mad and it got past the zigzag stitching I did to stop it, so then I made it for a third time and now it works B) The hanging bits of it were a pain to make too ): And you can see one side of ruffles hasn’t been sewn in yet :P
And the bodice! Not much to say apart from lol boob ruffles. I’ve also noticed that a lot of Lia cosplayers don’t add the boob cups, so I made sure to add them. I had to slightly modify a corset pattern’s triangular boob cups to make them more circular, haha.
And the start of one sleeve! Painting a pattern that’s half used from ref pictures and half made up, hurr. None of the ref pics are whole ):
And my sword in its current state! Made with a halloween axe’s plastic dowel thing, expanding foam (which really was a bit of a waste considering how much ended up being left … but it was nice and light), and then the handle bit is a paper mache’d balloon which I cut a hole in and there’s paper mache pulp in there too (lol, made with boiled toilet paper - it’s on my list of weird things I’ve done thanks to cosplay)
And I also have the hoopskirt made, underskirt, two layers of the ruffled white skirt hemmed, and the third layer is waiting to be hemmed, and my bloomers are in the making too (:
So everything is going well!
I’ll leave you all with a pic of the papermached balloon I used for the sword (and drew on).
He has sadly since shrivelled ):